1. Winners of PGA Championship or U.S. Open
Note: Winners prior to prior to 1970 and in the last five seasons and current season
2. Winner of THE PLAYERS Championship
Note: In the last five seasons and current season
3. Winners of the Masters Tournament
Note: In the last five seasons and the current season
4. Winners of The Open Championship
Note: In the last five seasons and current season
6. Winners of World Golf Championships events
Note: In the last three seasons and the current season
6a. Winners of the Memorial Tournament
Note: Winners of the Memorial Tournament in the last 3 years
6a. Winners of the Arnold Palmer Invitational
Note: Winners of the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard in the last 3 years
6a. Winner - The Genesis Invitational
Note: Winner of The Genesis Invitational in the last three years
7. Winner of the FedExCup in each of the last five seasons:
9. Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments
Erik van Rooyen
Note: Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments, whose victories are considered official, within the last two seasons, or during the current season; winners receive an additional season of exemption for each additional win, up to five seasons:
10. Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments as an amateur:
Note: Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments as an amateur, whose victories are considered official, within the last two seasons, or during the current season; winners receive an additional season of exemption for each additional win, up to five seasons:
11. Career Money Exemption
Note: A. Players among the Top 50 in career earning as of the end of the preceding season may elect to use a one-time exemption for the next season B. Players among the Top 25 in career earning as of the end of the preceding season may elect to use a one-time exemption for the next season
12. Sponsor exemptions
Note: Maaximum of eight, which may include amateurs with handicaps of 0 or less), on the following basis: A. Not less than two sponsor invitees shall be PGA TOUR members not otherwise exempt. B. Not less than two of the 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Finals Category, if not all can otherwise be accommodated. NOTE: PGA TOUR members may receive an unlimited number of sponsor invitations. Non-TOUR members may receive a maximum of seven (7) per year.
13. Commissioners Foreign Exemption
Note: Up to two international players designated by the Commissioner
14. The current PGA Club Professional Champion
Note: Eligible for up to 6 open events (3 must be opposite a PGA TOUR event, World Golf Championships event, and The Open Championship), in addition to any sponsor selections. The exemption does not apply to limited-field open events.
15. PGA Section Champion or Player of the Year
Note: Player from the PGA section in which the tournament is played.
16. Open Qualifiers
Note: Four low scorers at Open Qualifying which shall normally be held on Monday of tournament week.
17. Past champions of the particular event
Note: A. Winners prior to July 28, 1970: unlimited exemptions for such events. B. Winners after Jan. 1, 2000: five seasons of exemptions for such events.
18. Life Members
Note: PGA TOUR Members who have won at least 20 co-sponsored events while continually maintaining a competitive scoring average.
19. Top 30 Prior Year FedEx Cup Playoffs and Eligibility Points List
20. Top 70 Prior Year FedEx Cup Playoffs and Eligibility Points List
20b. Top 125 on Prior Year's FedExCup Playoffs and Eligibility Points List
Byeong Hun An
21. Top 125 Nonmember
Note: Players who earned points greater than or equal to top 125 on the 2022-2023 PGA TOUR FedExCup Fall Playoffs & Eligibility Points List as non-members:
22. Major Medical Extension:
Note: If granted by the Commissioner, if not otherwise eligible, and if needed to fill the field, Special Medical Extension.
23. Three Time Winner on the Korn Ferry Tour
23. Leading Points Winner from the 2023 Korn Ferry Tour
Note: Leading Points Winner from the 2023 Korn Ferry Tour Points List
24. Leading points winner from Korn Ferry Tour & Korn Ferry Tour Finals medical
24. PGA TOUR University #1 – Prior Season
24. PGA TOUR University Accelerated – Prior Season
25. Top 10 and ties from previous event
Note: Top 10 and ties from previous event, if not otherwise exempt, among those professionals from the previous open tournament whose victory has official status are exempt into the next open tournament whose victory has official status.
26. DP World Tour / Korn Ferry Tour / Q-School Category - Reordered
Note: Note: Periodic reordering shall take place on the Mondays of the Masters and after then Wyndham Championship
27. Next highest-ranked players, to a floor or the 10th player, in the final Race to Dubai standings who do not already hold PGA TOUR status
28. Players 2-30 on the Prior Season's Korn Ferry Tour Points List
29. Top 5 and Ties from PGA TOUR Q-School earning their PGA TOUR Card
28. 300 Career Cuts
Note: Players who have 300 PGA TOUR Career Cuts Made as of the end of the preceding season may elect to use a one-time exemptions for the next season as long as they have not previously used a Career Money Exemption (Reordered with the above category #26)
29. Top Finishers from the Korn Ferry Tour medical:
Note: NOTE: This category will be reordered with the above category #26.
30. No. 1 player in the final PGA TOUR University Ranking
Note: The No. 1 player in the final PGA TOUR University Ranking will become a PGA TOUR member and be eligible for all open, full-field events following the conclusion of the NCAA Championship in approximately June of each year. The Ranking includes seniors who meet eligibility criteria. Similar to PGA TOUR University eligibility already in place on the Korn Ferry Tour, this eligibility category will first become available in June of 2023.
30. PGA TOUR University Accelerated (current season)
Note: Through PGA TOUR University Accelerated, a high-achieving junior, sophomore or freshman can earn PGA TOUR membership and become eligible for all open, full-field TOUR events. Players earn points based on their accomplishments in college, amateur and professional golf, and they will earn PGA TOUR membership if they amass at least 20 points by the end of their third year of NCAA eligibility.
30. Players winning three Korn Ferry Tour events in the current season
31. Minor medical extension:
32. Reorder category (34-39)
Note: Note: • All conditional categories (126-150, Beyond 150, Past Champions, Veteran Members, and STMs) will undergo reshuffling collectively, as opposed to reshuffling within their specific categories approximately every fourth full-field event (i.e. after the West Coast (WM Phoenix), after the Florida Swing (Valspar Championship), and following the Zurich Classic, RBC Canadian Open, Barracuda Championship, and every fourth event through the Fall schedule TBD).
32a. 126-150 On Prior Season's FedExCup Points List
33. Non-Exempt Major Medical Extension.
35. Past Champions and Veteran Members - beyond 150 on the previous season's FedExCup Points List.
Ted Potter, Jr.
Bo Van Pelt
Note: If not otherwise eligible and as needed to fill the field, Past Champion members, Team Tournament Winners, and Veteran members beyond 150th place on the previous season's FedExCup points list in order of their combined official PGA TOUR and Korn Ferry Tour (through Korn Ferry Tour Championship) money in the previous season
36. Past Champion Members.
Tom Pernice Jr.
Frank Lickliter II
Tommy Armour III
Billy Hurley III
37. Special Temporary Members
Note: If during the course of a PGA TOUR season, a nonmember of the PGA TOUR wins an amount of points (e.g., by playing in PGA TOUR events through sponsor exemptions, Open Qualifying, etc.) equal to the amount won in the preceding season by the 150th finisher on the FedExCup points list, he will be eligible to become a special temporary member for the remainder of the current season.
38. Team Tournament Winners
Note: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, winners of co-sponsored team championships, in order of the total number of team championship tournaments won. If two or more players are tied based on the number of such tournaments won, the player who is higher on the official PGA TOUR Career Money List shall be eligible.
39. Veteran Members
Note: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, Veteran members (players who have made a minimum of 150 cuts during their career), in order of their standing on the PGA TOUR Career Money List.