Height: 6'1" (1.85 m)
Weight: 185 (83 kg)
Age: 26 (May 06, 1996)
Birthplace: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Residence: St. Simons Island, Georgia
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill 2018, Economics
Special Interests: Music, travel, good food/cooking
Turned Professional: 2018
City plays from: Chapel Hill, NC, United States
PGA TOURTop 50 from 2022 Korn Ferry Tour (thru 2022-23)
Mackenzie Tour-PGA TOUR Canada Victories (1):2018 (1) Staal Foundation Open presented by tbaytel.
Career Low Round:64 - 2023 The American Express (Round 3)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#25 : 2023 Butterfield Bermuda Championship
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#97 : 2023 The American Express
Career Largest Paycheck:$357,700 : 2022 Wyndham Championship (Finished 4)
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 0 - 0)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
- Stepped away from the game and worked as a loan officer for a mortgage group in North Carolina during the spring and summer of 2021. He had previous experience as a property manager for a North Carolina realty company.
- Started playing golf as soon as he could walk. He remembers playing in US kids events with his dad caddying. he shared a lot of special moments alongside his father.
- His parents met at the University of North Carolina and stayed in Chapel Hill.
- His great grandfather, Benjamin Cowan Shields, played professional baseball (pitcher) for the New York Yankees from 1924-25, Boston Red Sox in 1930, and Philadelphia Phillies in 1931. He joined the Yankees late in 1923, pitched batting practice, and Babe Ruth hit a line drive into the right side of his chest. Near the end of 1925, Shields had recurring medical problems and discovered the line drive damaged his lung and it became infected over the two-year period. He was diagnosed with tuberculosis and voluntarily retired until his return in 1930.
- Does not drink coffee or soda.
- Enjoys going to the lake and wakeboarding.
- Walk up song would be "Let's Go" by Calvin Harris.