Height: 5'10" (1.78 m)
Weight: 165 (75 kg)
Age: 24 (September 18, 1997)
Birthplace: Oslo, Norway
Residence: Stillwater, Oklahoma
Oklahoma State University
Turned Professional: 2019
City plays from: Oslo, Norway
PGA TOURTournament winner (thru 2024-25)
PGA TOUR Victories (3):2020 (1) Puerto Rico Open. 2021 (1) Mayakoba Golf Classic presented by UNIFIN. 2022 (1) World Wide Technology Championship at Mayakoba.
International Victories (2):
Other Victories (1):
Career Low Round:62 - 2022 World Wide Technology Championship at Mayakoba (Round 3)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#2 : 2021 World Golf Championships-Workday Championship at The Concession
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#3 : 2022 Valspar Championship
Career Largest Paycheck:$1,296,000 : 2022 World Wide Technology Championship at Mayakoba (Finished 1)
2021-22 Season Highlights
PGA TOURWorld Wide Technology Championship at Mayakoba - Won the World Wide Technology Championship at Mayakoba for the second consecutive year, becoming the first player in tournament history to successfully defend a title and first to do so at any TOUR event since Brooks Koepka at the 2019 PGA Championship. Marked his third PGA TOUR title, with each of the three coming outside the United States. Improved to 2-for-2 with the 54-hole lead/co-lead on TOUR. Led the field in Birdies (28) and Par-5 Scoring Average (4.08). Hero World Challenge - In his first start since winning the World Wide Technology Championship at Mayakoba, won the Hero World Challenge by one stroke over Scottie Scheffler. The unofficial victory came in his tournament debut, becoming the first player to win the event in his first appearance since Jon Rahm in 2018. Became the third consecutive European winner of the event (Rahm/2018, Henrik Stenson/2019). Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard - Held the outright lead after the second round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard before finishing T2, his third career runner-up on TOUR and first since the 2021 WGC-Workday Championship. Fell to 1-for-3 with the 36-hole lead/co-lead in individual stroke play events on TOUR. THE PLAYERS Championship - Finished T9 at THE PLAYERS Championship, earning his third consecutive top-10 on the PGA TOUR.
National Team Selections
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 0 - 0)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|THE PLAYERS Championship||Masters Tournament||PGA Championship||U.S. Open||The Open Championship||WGC-HSBC Champions||WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play||WGC-FedEx St. Jude Inv||WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession|
|FedEx St. Jude Championship||Dell Technologies Championship||BMW Championship||TOUR Championship|
- Born and raised in Oslo, Norway where he is known for making history as the first Norwegian player to win the U.S. Amateur (2018) and the first player from Norway to compete in the Masters (2019).
- Father, Harald, picked up golf while he was living and working in the United States (St. Louis) as an engineer. He brought golf clubs back to Norway and taught Viktor to play at age 11. Viktor spent most of the year practicing golf at an indoor driving range.
- Competed at Oklahoma State with teammates Kristoffer Ventura and Matthew Wolff.
- Learned English by watching movies, specifically historical dramas like "Lincoln" and "Amistad."
- Grew up interested in soccer and taekwondo.
- Loves metal music like Metallica, Tool and System of the Down.