Height: 5'10" (1.78 m)
Weight: ( kg)
Age: 22 (September 18, 1997)
Birthplace: Oslo, Norway
Oklahoma State University
Turned Professional: 2019
City plays from: Oslo, Norway
Top 50 from 2019 Korn Ferry Tour (thru 2019-20)
PGA TOUR Victories (1):2020 (1) Puerto Rico Open.
Career Low Round:64 - 2020 Puerto Rico Open (Round 3)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#10 : 2020 A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#56 : 2020 Charles Schwab Challenge
Career Largest Paycheck:$540,000 : 2020 Puerto Rico Open (Finished 1)
2019-20 Season Highlights
Became the first player on the PGA TOUR (since 1983) to record a streak of at least 18 rounds in the 60s with a first-round 69 at THE CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES, breaking Bob Estes’ 2001 record of 17. The streak, which began in the final round of the 2019 Rocket Mortgage Classic (64), reached 19 before a third-round 74 at THE CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES.
PGA TOURPuerto Rico Open - Became the first player from Norway to win on the PGA TOUR with his first career victory at the Puerto Rico Open. Win came in his 17th career start on TOUR at age 22 years, 158 days. Became the fourth player since 1990 to win the U.S. Amateur and on the PGA TOUR before turning 23, joining Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods and David Gossett. Made a triple bogey at the par-3 11th in the final round, becoming the second winner of the season and fifth since 2003 to make a triple bogey or worse in the final round. Held a share of the 36-hole lead and a one-stroke 54-hole lead, the first two leads/co-leads after any round in his PGA TOUR career. Marked the first win of the season by a rookie and the fourth at the Puerto Rico Open since 2010.
National Team Selections
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 0 - 0)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|Korn Ferry Tour (Playoff Record: 0 - 0)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||Priority Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|THE PLAYERS Championship||Masters Tournament||PGA Championship||U.S. Open||The Open Championship||WGC-HSBC Champions||WGC-Mexico||WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play||WGC-FedEx St. Jude Inv|
- Born and raised in Oslo, Norway where he is known for making history as the first Norwegian player to win the U.S. Amateur (2018) and the first player from Norway to compete in the Masters (2019).
- Father, Harald, picked up golf while he was living and working in the United States (St. Louis) as an engineer. He brought golf clubs back to Norway and taught Viktor to play at age 11. Viktor spent most of the year practicing golf at an indoor driving range.
- Competed at Oklahoma State with teammates Kristoffer Ventura and Matthew Wolff.
- Learned English by watching movies, specifically historical dramas like "Lincoln" and "Amistad."
- Grew up interested in soccer and taekwondo.
- Loves metal music like Metallica, Tool and System of the Down.