Height: 5'11" (1.8 m)
Weight: 198 (90 kg)
Age: 30 (February 25, 1992)
Birthplace: Ehime, Japan
Residence: Sendai, Japan
Family: Wife, Mei; Kanna
Tohoku Fukushi University
Special Interests: All sports, photography
Turned Professional: 2013
City plays from: , Japan
PGA TOURWinner, Masters Tournament (thru 2026-27)
PGA TOUR Victories (8):2014 (1) the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance. 2016 (1) Waste Management Phoenix Open. 2017 (3) World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions, Waste Management Phoenix Open, World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational. 2021 (1) Masters Tournament (2021). 2022 (2) ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP, Sony Open in Hawaii.
International Victories (8):
Other Victories (1):
Career Low Round:61 - 2017 World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational (Round 4)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#1 : 2022 The Genesis Invitational
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#2 : 2017 Wyndham Championship
Career Largest Paycheck:$2,070,000 : 2021 Masters Tournament (2021) (Finished 1)
2021-22 Season Highlights
Became the first player to win twice on the season, with his victories coming at the ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP and Sony Open in Hawaii.
PGA TOURZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP - Won the ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP, the lone PGA TOUR event in his home country of Japan, by five strokes to earn his seventh TOUR title. Marked his second TOUR win in Asia and first since the 2016 World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions. Held a one-stroke lead after the second and third rounds. Led the field in Greens in Regulation Percentage (81.94 percent) and co-led in Eagles (2) and Par-3 Scoring Average (2.75). Sony Open in Hawaii - Defeated Russell Henley in a playoff to win the Sony Open in Hawaii, earning his second win of the season and eighth of his PGA TOUR career. Won with an eagle-3 on the first playoff hole (No. 18), becoming the first player to win a playoff with an eagle since J.J. Henry at the 2015 Barracuda Championship. Victory came in his 203rd start on TOUR at the age of 29 years, 10 months, 22 days. With a total of 23-under 257, became the 11th player in PGA TOUR history with a 72-hole score of 257 or better. AT&T Byron Nelson - Carded a final-round 62 to finish T3 at the AT&T Byron Nelson. Marked his lowest score on TOUR since the 2017 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational (61/R4).
National Team Selections
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 4 - 1)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|THE PLAYERS Championship||Masters Tournament||PGA Championship||U.S. Open||The Open Championship||WGC-HSBC Champions||WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play||WGC-FedEx St. Jude Inv||WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession|
|FedEx St. Jude Championship||Dell Technologies Championship||BMW Championship||TOUR Championship|
- Learned golf from his father, a former club champion.
- Was a student at Tohoku Fukushi University in Sendai, Japan when the city was devastated by an earthquake and tsunami in March 2011, but was in Australia training at the time. Returned to find his dorm room destroyed and struggled to find food. A few weeks later, made his debut at the Masters having won the Asian Amateur.
- Wore buttons at THE PLAYERS Championship in 2016 to show support for Japan after the Kumamoto earthquakes in April 2016.
- Became the first Japanese player to win a men's major championship when he won the 2021 Masters Tournament.
- Received the Prime Minister's Award in Japan following his 2021 Masters win. Was the first player from Japan to win the Masters Tournament.