Height: 6'2" (1.88 m)
Weight: 179 (81 kg)
Age: 30 (June 05, 1990)
Birthplace: Johannesburg, South Africa
Residence: Austin, Texas
University of Texas (2012, Geography)
Turned Professional: 2012
City plays from: Johannesburg, South Africa
Tournament winner (thru 2020-21)
PGA TOUR Victories (1):2019 (1) John Deere Classic.
International Victories (4):
Career Low Round:64 - 2019 John Deere Classic (Round 4)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#12 : 2020 Safeway Open
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#44 : 2018 The Honda Classic
Career Largest Paycheck:$1,080,000 : 2019 John Deere Classic (Finished 1)
2019-20 Season Highlights
PGA TOURSafeway Open - Finished T7 at the Safeway Open to earn his second consecutive top-10 on TOUR. Made nine birdies in the second round en route to a 65, marking the first round of his career with nine or more birdies.
National Team Selections
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 0 - 0)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|Korn Ferry Tour (Playoff Record: 0 - 0)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||Priority Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|THE PLAYERS Championship||Masters Tournament||PGA Championship||U.S. Open||The Open Championship||WGC-HSBC Champions||WGC-Mexico||WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play||WGC-FedEx St. Jude Inv|
|THE NORTHERN TRUST||Dell Technologies Championship||BMW Championship||TOUR Championship|
- Did not receive formal golf training until age 12.
- Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, attended the University of Texas where as a senior, he sank the winning putt for the Longhorns' first National Championship in 40 years in the 2012 final against Alabama. The winning Texas team also included Jordan Spieth, who was a freshman.
- Challenged Spieth for Player of the Year as a senior at Texas.
- Posted a 3.40 GPA as a geography major. Won the 2012 Byron Nelson Award given to the top academic golfer in the nation.
- Uncle was a music professor at the University of Texas.