Height: 6'4" (1.93 m)
Weight: 200 (91 kg)
Age: 34 (September 14, 1989)
Birthplace: Salt Lake City, Utah
Residence: Lehi, Utah
Family: Wife, Alayna; Jraice, Leilene Aiaga, Tony, Sage, Sienna-Vee
Fire knife dancing, playing guitar, watching movies
Turned Professional: 2007
City plays from: Lehi, UT, United States
PGA TOURTournament winner (thru 2026-27)
PGA TOUR Victories (6):2016 (1) Puerto Rico Open at Coco Beach. 2021 (1) THE NORTHERN TRUST. 2022 (2) 3M Open, Rocket Mortgage Classic. 2023 (2) Cadence Bank Houston Open, Mexico Open at Vidanta.
Korn Ferry Tour Victories (1):2014 (1) Stonebrae Classic.
Career Low Round:62 - 2023 Cadence Bank Houston Open (Round 2)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#1 : 2021 THE NORTHERN TRUST
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#9 : 2022 Fortinet Championship
Career Largest Paycheck:$1,710,000 : 2021 THE NORTHERN TRUST (Finished 1)
2022-23 Season Highlights
Recorded multiple victories for the second consecutive seasons, with wins coming at the Cadence Bank Houston Open and Mexico Open at Vidanta.
PGA TOURCadence Bank Houston Open - Won the Cadence Bank Houston Open by four strokes over Tyson Alexander, earning his fifth PGA TOUR victory and third in a seven-start stretch. Victory came in his 218th start at the age of 33 years, 1 month, 30 days. Held at least a share of the lead after each of the first three rounds, including a four-stroke lead entering the final round. Led the field in Driving Accuracy (39-of-52) and Birdies (22). Mexico Open at Vidanta - Won the Mexico Open at Vidanta by three strokes over Jon Rahm, earning his sixth PGA TOUR title and fourth in an 18-start stretch. Improved to 3-for-8 with the 54-hole lead/co-lead on TOUR.
National Team Selections
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 2 - 3)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|THE PLAYERS Championship||Masters Tournament||PGA Championship||U.S. Open||The Open Championship||WGC-HSBC Champions||WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play||WGC-FedEx St. Jude Inv||WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession|
|FedEx St. Jude Championship||Dell Technologies Championship||BMW Championship||TOUR Championship|
- Born in Salt Lake City of Tongan and Samoan descent.
- First sport was fire-knife dancing, a Samoan ritual.
- Member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-day Saints.
- Third oldest of seven siblings, including four brothers and two sisters. Brother, Gipper, is the youngest player to make a Korn Ferry Tour cut, doing so at age 16 years, 20 days in Utah in 2006 (T58). His cousin is NBA basketball player Jabari Parker.
- Played center on the basketball team and helped team reach the state tournament his junior and senior seasons. Averaged 11 rebounds per game as a senior. Chose to not pursue basketball and concentrated on golf instead despite college basketball scholarship offers. Turned professional at 17 after graduating high school.
- Attended West High, the same high school as 1926 U.S. Amateur champion and five-time PGA TOUR winner George Von Elm.
- Finished second on Golf Channel's "Big Break Disney" in 2009.
- Favorite teams are the Los Angeles Lakers, the Dallas Cowboys, the Utah Utes and the USC Trojans.
- Food lover. If not a professional golfer, he would be a chef.
- Established The Tony Finau Foundation, built on a family discovered experience through the game of golf. It aims to empower and inspire youth and their families to discover, develop, and achieve the best of their gifts and talents through the game of golf, educational funding and core family values.