Height: 6'0" (1.83 m)
Weight: 180 (82 kg)
Age: 36 (June 21, 1986)
Birthplace: Daegu, South Korea
Residence: Kyunggi-do, South Korea
Sungkyunkwan University (2011)
Special Interests: Baseball, skiing, soccer
Turned Professional: 2004
City plays from: Las Vegas, NV, United States
PGA TOURPast champion beyond 150 in 2021-22 FedExCup (thru 2022-23)
PGA TOUR Victories (2):2013 (1) HP Byron Nelson Championship. 2015 (1) Frys.com Open.
Korn Ferry Tour Victories (1):2018 (1) Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft Nabisco.
International Victories (13):
Career Low Round:63 - 2015 The Barclays (Round 3)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#1 : 2015 CIMB Classic
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#27 : 2012 Transitions Championship
Career Largest Paycheck:$1,206,000 : 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship (Finished 1)
2021-22 Season Highlights
Korn Ferry TourSimmons Bank Open for the Snedeker Foundation - Carded three consecutive rounds of 4-under 68 before an even-par 72 in the final round, totaling a 12-under 276 for a T8 finish, his first top-10 in PGA TOUR-sanctioned play since March 2020, at the Simmons Bank Open for the Snedeker Foundation.
National Team Selections
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 0 - 1)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|THE PLAYERS Championship||Masters Tournament||PGA Championship||U.S. Open||The Open Championship||WGC-HSBC Champions||WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play||WGC-FedEx St. Jude Inv||WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession|
|FedEx St. Jude Championship||Dell Technologies Championship||BMW Championship||TOUR Championship|
- Following the 2015 Presidents Cup, served as a rifleman in the South Korean army as part of a mandatory two-year military commitment. Returned to the PGA TOUR at the 2017 Safeway Open, site of his second PGA TOUR win.
- Achieved his goal of playing Augusta National when he qualified for the 2012 Masters Tournament.
- Favorite food is Korean barbecue.
- Would include Tiger Woods as one of the players in his dream foursome.
- Began playing at age 11 at the urging of his parents, who both play. Was more interested in baseball as a youth before turning his full-time athletic attention to golf.
- Was the fourth Korean-born player to win on the PGA TOUR, joining K.J. Choi, Y.E. Yang and Kevin Na. Was the sixth player of Korean descent to win, joining Choi, Yang, Na, Anthony Kim and John Huh. Kim and Huh were both born in the United States.