Height: 6'3" (1.91 m)
Weight: 180 (82 kg)
Age: 43 (November 05, 1978)
Birthplace: Bagdad, Florida
Residence: Pensacola, Florida
Family: Wife, Angie; Caleb, Dakota Hope
Faulkner State Community College; University of Georgia (2008, Consumer Economics)
Special Interests: Cars, Video games, collecting rare and designer shoes, wake surfing, water sports, fitness
Turned Professional: 2002
City plays from: Bagdad, FL, United States
PGA TOURWinner, World Golf Championships (thru 2023-24)
PGA TOUR Victories (12):2010 (1) Travelers Championship. 2011 (2) Farmers Insurance Open, Zurich Classic of New Orleans. 2012 (1) Masters Tournament. 2014 (2) Northern Trust Open, Masters Tournament. 2015 (2) World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions, Travelers Championship. 2016 (1) Northern Trust Open. 2018 (3) Genesis Open, World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play, Travelers Championship.
Other Victories (2):
Career Low Round:62 - 2015 Travelers Championship (Round 1)
Career High FedExCup Rank:#1 : 2011 THE PLAYERS Championship
Career High Official World Golf Rank:#2 : 2015 Valspar Championship
Career Largest Paycheck:$1,700,000 : 2018 World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play (Finished 1)
2021-22 Season Highlights
PGA TOURZurich Classic of New Orleans - Finished T4 at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans with partner Harold Varner III, his second consecutive top-10 at the event and first top-five on TOUR since the 2020 WM Phoenix Open.
National Team Selections
|PGA TOUR (Playoff Record: 5 - 1)|
|Season||Events||Rounds||1st||2nd||3rd||Top 10||Top 25||Cuts Made||Cuts Missed||WD||FedExCup Rank||Earnings|
|(A) - Amateur|
|THE PLAYERS Championship||Masters Tournament||PGA Championship||U.S. Open||The Open Championship||WGC-HSBC Champions||WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play||WGC-FedEx St. Jude Inv||WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession|
|FedEx St. Jude Championship||Dell Technologies Championship||BMW Championship||TOUR Championship|
- He and his wife, Angie, adopted their son (Caleb) on March 26, 2012 and adopted their daughter (Dakota) in December 2014.
- Wife is 6-foot-4 and a former University of Georgia, WNBA and European professional basketball player.
- Formed the Bubba Watson Foundation in January 2014. The foundation's mission is to enhance the everyday lives of people in need and placing a particular emphasis on helping and inspiring children, young adults and those associated with the U.S. military.
- Also created Bubba's Bash, an annual charity concert comprised of artists of varying genres and guest speakers who share a love of God.
- Returned to the University of Georgia to complete his degree without telling family or friends. Wanted to encourage kids to get an education and pursue their dreams.
- Dedicated his 2010 Travelers Championship win to his wife and father, Gerry, who was battling lung cancer and later passed away in October 2010. Father was a lieutenant in the Green Berets' Special Forces during the Vietnam War and was honored prior to the clinic for his military service with a plaque presented to him by Gen. Steven Duff, commander of U.S. Army Special Forces Command (Airborne) at Fort Bragg, N.C. "It's special. With my dad's situation, it's brought to my heart that the military is much more important than what we do for a living. So I needed to do something for the Green Berets and bring light to the Pensacola area."
- Self-taught player who learned the game by hitting Wiffle balls around his house.
- Attended the same high school–Milton (Fla.) High School–as PGA TOUR players Heath Slocum and Boo Weekley.
- In 2015, became a part owner of the Pensacola Blue Wahoos, a minor-league baseball team (Cincinnati Reds Double-A team) with Quint Studer and Rishy Studer.
- In the summer of 2016, pledged to donate at least $250,000 to relief and recovery efforts of the worst flooding in the West Virginia area in more than 100 years (Watson and his family spend 4-5 months a year at their summer home in the area). That same year, donated $100,000 to assist with Louisiana flood recovery efforts. His caddie, Ted Scott, is from the area.
- In July 2016, opened a candy store called "Bubba's Sweet Shop" in Pensacola, Fla., selling fudge, ice cream and candy, where his mom, Molly, sometimes works behind the counter.
- In October 2016, became co-owner of a local car dealership, Sandy & Bubba's Milton Chevrolet